Thank you for your interest in commenting on our site. Here are our website comment policies:
- Comment Name
- We do not allow keywords stuffed in the name field. You must use your name or nick name for commenting. If you do not wish to leave your full name, how about just a first name and last initial, for example,
Bill W.This helps build a sense of community on this site. Commenter names using keywords such as
Web Design Company,
Louboutin Shoes,or similar, will be flagged as SPAM and deleted.
- Valid Email
- Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the site, nor shared. Email addresses that look like SPAM will be flagged as SPAM.
- Language and Manners
- This site is written in English, so leave your comments in English. Newport Mooring Association maintains a
family friendly sitetherefore any comment that includes offensive or inappropriate language, and/or we consider rude will be edited or deleted. This is a friendly community, so play NICE.
- Add Value
- A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation, may be edited, moved, or deleted. All SPAM comments will be deleted because they do not add value to the site.
- Limit Links
- We love resources as they can be really helpful, but in order to prevent SPAM and assure quality, we must limit links in comments. Do not add more than two links in the comment. If you do so, your comment will be flagged for further review. DO NOT sign your comment (in the comment text box) with a backlink to your site. It will be removed. You may provide a link to your site where the comment form requests one. Its anchor text will be the name you provide.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted
- In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this site’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the writer, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this site could result in removal and blocked access.
- All Rights Reserved
- Newport Mooring Association reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. We also have the right to block access by any one or any group from commenting, or from using the entire site.
- Hold Harmless
- All comments within this site are the responsibility of the commenter, not the Newport Mooring Association. By submitting a comment on our site, you agree that your comment content is your own, and you agree to hold harmless Newport Mooring Association, and its representatives, from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability to the extent permissible by law in the state of California.
If you have any questions regarding the policy, you may contact Newport Mooring Association by using our contact form. Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page.